Slow Response

thospot 19:50 03 Apr 2007

I don't know whether starting a new thread is the right thing to do but I shall just have to try it.
I have just started a thread (and finished it, "volume Icon". Parts of it was very slow to respond and the 'click here' would not open. One of the 'click here' did open long enough for me to read it but it will not now open..
Is this my computer or is it PCA?..

Technotiger 20:43 03 Apr 2007

Hi, well this thread is working ok, so your computer would appear to be ok. I have not seen your other thread.

Belatucadrus 20:45 03 Apr 2007

For other forumites info click here for the original thread.

All I can say is that I tried the click here links provided by anskyber and BurrWalnut and as of 20:43 today, they're working fine. Difficult to say why you were having a problem, maybe server or connection problems. Try again, see if they're working now.

birdface 20:50 03 Apr 2007

Ive had trouble with my click here, I am puting it down to my computer as I can open everyone else's.Maybe it was one of mine that you were trying to open.

birdface 20:54 03 Apr 2007

Same as Belatucadrus all the click here links on your other thread opened for me.

birdface 21:09 03 Apr 2007

Try Right click taskbar,Properties.Customise.If you find your Sound Icon in there open the dropdown bar on it and select always show,Ok,Then Apply. See if that helps,Or when you are in properties untick hide inactive Icons,Apply .Ok. see if that does it,

thospot 22:09 03 Apr 2007

Thank you all for your replies...
You have taken me by surprise because I have just opened another thread in the Vista forum and I didn't expect so many on here.

Technotiger, my other thread was entitled 'Volume Icon'..

You wouldn't believe it but I have now tried the 'click here' again and they work.. It must have been the gremlins again on my computer..

buteman : I shall try your suggestions in a while and keep my fingers crossed. If it works you will really be a 'Beaut-man'..

thospot 22:32 03 Apr 2007

buteman, you realy are a beautman.
I have never seen those drop down menus before. I didn't know they existed, I did what you said and hey presto, it worked..Thanks very much and to the others that responded...

I will now tick it as resolved...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?