Slow PCA site?

bosmere 14:46 11 May 2005

I've done a search and found no other threads about this.

For about the last 2-3 weeks this site (all other web sites OK) has been running slowly for me. Today it's almost at a full stop.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Indigo 1 14:53 11 May 2005

It does appear to be slower than other sites but I suspect that is due to the amount of users online at any one time. Weekends appear to be particularly slow when people have more time to log-in. But having said that it is not particularly fast at night.

Southernboy 14:54 11 May 2005

although it has always been quite slow and, in the past, very slow indeed. I always thought it depended on the amount of use.

Diodorus Siculus 14:54 11 May 2005

No problems here but I have to admit that I have all advertising blocked - some of the delays I have found in the past seem to have been down to one of the adservers being slow.

Meshuga 15:03 11 May 2005

I have also noticed a slowness lately. Put it down to the server.

dagwoood 15:56 11 May 2005

Been really slow here since the weekend. At about 3am this morning some threads took 15-20 seconds to open and I had trouble logging in(getting time outs and a weird error message that I'd never seen before). Just as slow now.

The servers must be due a spring clean :)

pj123 16:04 11 May 2005

There have been many threads in the past. It has always been slow for me. I am now on 2mb BB and it is still the same. It is due (I am sure) to the size of this site and the amount of members logged in at any one time. Don't knock it. It has to be one of the best sites (if not the best) on the internet. Just be patient.

bosmere 16:09 11 May 2005

Not knocking it pj123, I was just wondering if I was alone.

Agree with " one of the best sites (if not the best)".

I'll be patient, but it's frustrating at times when going from thread to thread.

bosmere 16:11 11 May 2005

And that last response took 34 seconds to go!

pauldonovan 16:13 11 May 2005

...been like that for a while I think.

There are more factors I would have thought than size of site and number of members at any one time, what about hardware/software?

It isn't unusable just a bit slow compared to other sites.

It is a superb site - otherwise people wouldn't care, they'd just stop visiting.

I wish any time anyone said anything about the site thousands of people didn't come jumping and shouting about what a great site it is ...

It is admirable that the site has a loyal set of users but that doesn't mean we can't notice when it isn't optimal.

anniesboy68 16:23 11 May 2005

And for me, thought it was my cptr.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?