Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review
I have been given a relations computer (as the one supposed to know about these things.) to look at as it was being particularly slow and was giving error messages relating to a lack of virtual memory. The computer is very slow to boot up!
The problems all started when the computer was upgraded from win 98se to 2000 (as 2000 was needed to run I-tunes?)
Initially the computer had 64mb ram. Which I presumed to be the cause of the erors and have subsequently upgraded it to 256mb - the max the m/b can take (Medion PCMT4).
I have also............
1)limited the programs running at startup t0
These are related to Norton software (not my choice!!!) and ones I was unsure about removing!
2) Run and installed windows updates
3) Run online antivirus and ad-aware removing limited spyware.
4) Cleaned registry using TweakNow regcleaner 2.0.7
5) Run scandisc and defragged
6) Run disc cleanup
When I was given the PC two messages were displayed at boot up. The first related to a cd being required and virtual truck and the second relating to proplus.msi. I have googled them both and have managed to suppress from start up - they have not been solved as both require the installation CDs to fix??!!
The PC is running 2hds one of 15Gb and 1 of 8Gb. It has an Intel 650MHz processor.
Despite doing this the PC is still very slow to startup.
1) Is there anything more I can do?
2) Are the two programs being suppressed causing problems?
3) or is the computer simply not up to handling the things it is bing asked?
4) I am under the impression Norton antivirus/ firewall/spyware/ is very resource hungry - would changing to AVG/sygate/ad-aware make things quicker?
Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.