Slow Orange Broadband are you affected?

Internetwhizzkid 18:35 15 May 2007

Hi,
since the weekend our internet has been very very slowwwwwwwwww, for a 2mb connection we get .02mbps speeds and sometimes 0.0 and then we get downloads in firefox of no more than 30kbps sometimes 5kpbs. and all temp files are deleted etc

what is going on! some people I know have also have been affected and have had no internet for 2 weeks. according to orange they are closing down the servers and upgrading is this true?

I would love your opinions and I would like you to tell me if you are affected so we can get this sorted

Thanks
Ben

do-gull 18:42 15 May 2007

Hiya.
I am on orange and have no slow down at all at the moment.Despite the bad press orange gets I must admit i am quite pleased with my isp and the price I pay.

D.G

Internetwhizzkid 18:44 15 May 2007

mmm thats odd bevause my mums internet is faster but not full speed whats happening

p;3 18:57 15 May 2007

click here a lot of others have similar problems::))

p;3 18:58 15 May 2007

click here F E might be interested too::))

glen2409 19:11 15 May 2007

There are alot of Orange users suffering the same at the moment.

I normally get a healthy 6-6.5mb speed, dropping to around 4mb during peak times. I have been getting 0.5mb during peak times for about the last week. Orange have recognised they have an issue with this and hopefully resolved soon.

greenlamp 23:14 15 May 2007

Do Orange do soon??

jarani 23:43 15 May 2007

I am getting very sporadic service from orange which also seems to affect my IE - not sure if that is related or not - my IE keeps freezing from time to time - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone