Slow logon :( & Taskbar takes ages to load!

DKCoo 10:50 17 Feb 2006

Hi!,
I am running xp home edition sp2, here are some details about my motherboard and memory nd stuff off cpu/z
click here
click here
click here
Right now that out of the way the probelm is it takes about 20 seconds to logon to my user account and takes 10 seconds for the tasbar to load! i have canceled down some unused services, cleared my startup programs, run adaware and cleanup stuff etc nd nothing has worked!
If anyone knows what to do give me a shout
cheers!

woodchip 11:19 17 Feb 2006

How long to you being able to do work with the computer as above speeds do not mean anything

woodchip 11:20 17 Feb 2006

PS there are no such things as Instant Starting Computers

DKCoo 11:24 17 Feb 2006

i know but as soon as i type my password in to logon it takes ages! before it only took at leat a few seconds to log in and the taskbar never used to freeze for a minute on startup!

woodchip 11:27 17 Feb 2006

Have you tried running System Restore

DKCoo 11:32 17 Feb 2006

yep! absolute nothing :( also pressed f8 during statup and did last good config. Also it is taking quite a long time for ie and such programs to load up. any ideas?

namtas 11:44 17 Feb 2006

I have recently had a similar problem on a newish computor, originally almost instant 7 seconds for the pre check and then almost instant to the select user.
uninstalling the unwanted ebay has restored almst back as it was. So perhaps you need to look at what bis starting up.

namtas 11:46 17 Feb 2006

uninstalling the unwanted ebay toolbar has restored almost back as it was.

DKCoo 12:06 17 Feb 2006

cheers i have checked startup stuff and its all empty and i didnt have the ebay toolbar :(

DKCoo 14:59 17 Feb 2006

can anayone else of anything?!

woodchip 15:46 17 Feb 2006

Have you looked in Start\Run type MSCONFIG press enter look in Startup Tab for things loading at Start. Some of these load Icons in System tray. Also check Start\Programs\Startup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires