slow internet speeds

Bodice 22:18 04 Apr 2006

Hello,
I have a query, I have a Belkin router which is set up on the main pc which has broadband internet and im runnin XP, on another pc it has XP and has a Belkin wireless usb adapter, i have had this set up for about a year and all was well, for the past two days i have noticed that when i tried to send files through msn it was to slow a connection and when i tried to use house call (trend micro online scanner) it kept saying alert slow internet connection but the other pc with the adapter runs perfectly, does anyone know what my problem is?

ade.h 23:13 05 Apr 2006

Are you running that adapter with software or driver-only? Might just need a re-installation.

Bodice 20:08 06 Apr 2006

im running with software, but the pc with the adapter is running fine, its the pc that the router is running off thats slow

ade.h 20:42 06 Apr 2006

"....and has a Belkin wireless usb adapter, i have had this set up for about a year and all was well, for the past two days i have noticed that when i tried to send files through msn it was to slow a connection...."

That reads as if the wireless connection is the one that is suffering.

If the problem is located on an Ethernet-cabled client, then it is unlikely to be a network issue.

Bodice 00:47 07 Apr 2006

im really sorry ade, I have been on it since yesterday and now ive worked out that the problem is with the pc, i think i have a problem with that cos when i have tried to install a cd it starts then slows then resumes, and you can hear the motor as if it surges

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?