Slow epson R300

naggis 18:51 26 Sep 2006

My pc runs xp pro sp2. When printing a sheet of text from the net or Word, it takes the best part of a minute to start working. Could this be due to the fact that the pc has only USB1? Is it just the way the printer is made?
I have thought in the past that the slow speed could be due to the fact that the printer is mainly for photographic work. Can it be set up differently?
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

postie24 19:39 26 Sep 2006

hi naggis.i have an r300.have no problems at all with printing text,it prints fast.make sure you have the correct paper setting ie its not set for glossy.im running xp home with usb 2.maybe someone else could shed light on the problem.

naggis 09:11 27 Sep 2006

Hi postie24. Thanks for the info. But the paper is ok and still the problem. My previous epson didnt give the same grief.

jakimo 21:49 27 Sep 2006
  Stuartli 22:03 27 Sep 2006

I also have an R300 - normally I leave it switched on for most of the time.

However, from a standing start, it can take quite a while to start printing out text; I've presumed it's basically because it's a photo printer rather than a straightforward text model.

I used it originally on a powered USB1.1 hub, but now it's linked directly to a USB2.0 port - there was no discernable difference even when printing A4 photos in the time taken to actually commence printing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?