slow computer

Pau1JB 16:19 09 Jul 2004

Recently when i start to load up my computer it takes ages to load up. When its loaded it takes ages to run anotehr programe and it often stops responding. I hit ctrl alt del and saw that my processor usage was at 100%. i looked at what programes was using what and a program label netclnc.exe was using 98% of the processor, when i stop it everything works as normal. what is this programe, and how do i stop it.

thanks Paul

rawprawn 16:24 09 Jul 2004

Do you mean netclient.exe if so click here. Pest Patrol will remove it but it also shows manual removal.

Pau1JB 16:37 09 Jul 2004

it is netclnc.exe thats what its shown as. I also have noticed that when i load my computer up that my norton anti virsus professional 2003 has not been enabled like it always is!

I scaned my computer for a virus, nothing came up! but there is soemthing messing my computer up!

rawprawn 17:01 09 Jul 2004

Sorry, I can't find anything relating to netclnc.exe. Try downloading Hijackthis and looking at what it is using that program then deleting. You should backup your registry before deleting it to be on the safe side.I will post the link in a minute.

rawprawn 17:01 09 Jul 2004
  Pau1JB 17:16 09 Jul 2004

it doesnt show up in the search. a file called netclnc elfa3434.pf comes up

Gaz 25 17:29 09 Jul 2004

Try...
click here

inneedofhelp 17:54 09 Jul 2004

try this, in the start menu there is a run menu, clikc this and type, msconfig . a window will then open.at the top of that window, there are lots of tabs . click on the startup tab and locate the program. you may need to look not only at the name row but also the command row.once you have found it, uncheck it, and this will stop it loading on startup until you check it again. if your pc runs ok without this starting, then just delete the program

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?