Slow Burning

Honorary Aussie 17:12 06 Oct 2008

I am using a Toshiba A200 laptop and finding that any disks that I burn take approx 1 minute per megabite (=2 hours for an average camera download!) and then can't be read on other equipment (e.g. DVD player or another PC). Any help would be appreciated.

Jak_1 17:22 06 Oct 2008

What format are you saving the pictures in? Are you finalising the disk (closing the session), a disk needs to be finalised before it can be read on another pc.

Honorary Aussie 17:36 06 Oct 2008

The pix are in JPEG format. My old desktop PC burns them in a few minutes but the laptop is taking hours!

lofty29 17:40 06 Oct 2008

sound like you have a lot of other programmes running in the background

Honorary Aussie 11:04 09 Oct 2008

I've just burned 200 pix onto a CD. Took only 3 mins this time, but still can't read the disk on any other kit! It's OK on the laptop tho, something wrong with the formatting?

Jak_1 12:23 09 Oct 2008

Did you finalise the disk so it could be read by another computer?

Honorary Aussie 13:17 09 Oct 2008

Yes, the program finalised and then ejected the disk automatically .

eedcam 13:46 09 Oct 2008

Could be your plqayer wont play the disc format - or + r etc if not that then youmay not be burning to the correct Iso number .I would download Imgburn its free chose write file/folder to disc add your folder and your away that should play fine
click here

Honorary Aussie 21:15 23 Oct 2008

Thanks eedcam, this software has sorted it! Still don't know what the matter is with the pre-loaded program but it doesn't finalize even though it says it has!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?