Slow Burning

Honorary Aussie 17:12 06 Oct 2008

I am using a Toshiba A200 laptop and finding that any disks that I burn take approx 1 minute per megabite (=2 hours for an average camera download!) and then can't be read on other equipment (e.g. DVD player or another PC). Any help would be appreciated.

Jak_1 17:22 06 Oct 2008

What format are you saving the pictures in? Are you finalising the disk (closing the session), a disk needs to be finalised before it can be read on another pc.

Honorary Aussie 17:36 06 Oct 2008

The pix are in JPEG format. My old desktop PC burns them in a few minutes but the laptop is taking hours!

lofty29 17:40 06 Oct 2008

sound like you have a lot of other programmes running in the background

Honorary Aussie 11:04 09 Oct 2008

I've just burned 200 pix onto a CD. Took only 3 mins this time, but still can't read the disk on any other kit! It's OK on the laptop tho, something wrong with the formatting?

Jak_1 12:23 09 Oct 2008

Did you finalise the disk so it could be read by another computer?

Honorary Aussie 13:17 09 Oct 2008

Yes, the program finalised and then ejected the disk automatically .

eedcam 13:46 09 Oct 2008

Could be your plqayer wont play the disc format - or + r etc if not that then youmay not be burning to the correct Iso number .I would download Imgburn its free chose write file/folder to disc add your folder and your away that should play fine
click here

Honorary Aussie 21:15 23 Oct 2008

Thanks eedcam, this software has sorted it! Still don't know what the matter is with the pre-loaded program but it doesn't finalize even though it says it has!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

Game of Thrones GIFs: how Eran Mendel is creating hilarious weekly GIFs based on each episode's…

How to increase storage on iPhone

Nokia 8 : rumeurs & soirée de lancement