Slow broadband

squidgee 13:02 03 Sep 2003

Think maybe some one has come across this before butany way.....Running windows me on aan amd processor connected via adsl to tiscali isp. All was well till yesterday when all went painfully slow. Tiscali had no reported problems PC thinks its running at 2million plus bps but slower than an old 14k dial up!!! Been on broadband for about 6 months and all was well and speedy. All settings are correct. Could this be a firewall prob? Its all set up ok and knows that its a broadband connection.

Any help greatfuly received

Thanks guys
Chris

hugh-265156 13:06 03 Sep 2003

simple speed test click here

abc77 13:10 03 Sep 2003

I have a similar problem with my AOL BB when I tried to network two PCs. I have not resolved the problem but installed the AOL BB on another PC. It is working okay with the other PC. I am still waiting for some suggestions - see browsing problem on 3 sept.

Taff36 13:20 03 Sep 2003

Funny you mention all was well until yesterday!

I am on Pipex and it all slowed to a grinding almost halt - the problem persisted all this morning too but now appears fine. Symptoms included incomplete pages with "Done" at the foot of the browser as if nothing else was available to download.

Could it be that we are nearer to melt down than we believe.

squidgee 12:07 04 Sep 2003

Yes does seem strange thanx for the tips guys and will check out the speed test too

Cheers Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?