Slow bootup Of Asus P6T Deluxe after Acronis insta

conradwebster 09:30 29 Apr 2009

My pc motherboard is an Asus P6T Deluxe which boots into an Express Gate screen prior to loading Windows. I installed Acronis home backup 2009, then had to re-instsall it after disconnecting the external hard drive in an attempt to speed up initial booting. It now says that system recovery has not been activated which I had done initially but the bootup problem is a screen reading 'Express Gate' which remains for 40 seconds before the American Megatrends and Windows loadup. They say I need to reset the mbr but have no idea how to do this. Should I activate the acronis system recovery or would that only make things worse? would uninstalling it reset the bootup to its original mode? should I attempt to reset the mbr or just leave well alone? Thank you for any help.

johndrew 09:49 29 Apr 2009

I may be wrong, but it sounds as if your problem is totally down to a corrupt MBR.

I would suggest you carry out a `Repair` using your original Windows CD to boot from. For XP click here for Vista click here.

You may need to update Windows after the repair but other data is safe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?