Slipstreaming for xp recovery disk

rosie 09:50 28 Sep 2005

I want to make an XP recovery disk but my original xp home disk is separate from the SP2 disk - should I embark on the process of slipstreaming so that these two can be integrated for making a recovery disk or is this unnecessary. I've had some recent computer problems which now appear resolved but I want to be sure of recovery in case of future problems.

Chegs ® 09:56 28 Sep 2005

Each time I have had to install SP-2 onto another PC,it has taken forever,yet the "slipstreamed" install CD only takes the same amount of time as the non-slipstreamed version so if I was you,I'd do a "slipstreamed" CD.

I'm gonna have another go at this click here soon,as I have a SATA system,and its a pain having to press F6/insert floppy,etc.

the Rascal 15:39 28 Sep 2005

Have a look here for another "howto" this site has a programme that does it all for you and tells you how and what you need click here Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:48 28 Sep 2005

Yes definately slpstream, otherwise you will need to load all the upates from scratch. The link from Chegs ® click here is an excellent way to make a disk you can just put in the drive and walk awy and do something else while its reloading.

Rayuk 18:33 28 Sep 2005

Another guide for you
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?