slipstream xp/sp2

FungusBoggieman 20:00 12 Feb 2007

HI all
being new to computing and after looking at some articles on slipstreaming windows xp home and sp2
on to one cd.
Can some give me some info on the legal and copyrite side of things as is copying my windows xp home cd to another is it illegal or not any information would help please.

brundle 20:06 12 Feb 2007

No idea about the legal implications, but if the slipstream CD is considered as a backup I can't see how anyone could take issue with you. As long as you're not lending or selling copies, no need to worry.

SANTOS7 20:09 12 Feb 2007

click here
this may help..

FungusBoggieman 20:10 12 Feb 2007

Its for my own back up just to save time if I need to reinstall windows xp and not having to download sp2 agian.
thank you brundle

Ashrich 20:11 12 Feb 2007

Hi , click here for a really easy to use program that will automate it all for you , and slipstreaming Windows with a service pack is all legal and still works with the original install key .

Ashley

FungusBoggieman 20:17 12 Feb 2007

thank you for your link SANTOS7 I know the basics of slipstreaming now, your link is a great help but it doesn`t say anything about the legal implication.

Ashrich thanks well worth a try

SANTOS7 20:24 12 Feb 2007

Legal Issues..

Please note that while you can use the streamlining method to create an updated version of your own Windows XP CD with Service Pack 2 installed, this does not give you the legal right to use it on more than one machine at a time. A Windows XP license can still only be used on a single system at a time, unless you are using a volume license. OEM licenses (versions of Windows pre-installed on assembled computers) are considered to apply only to the computer they are first installed on, and may not be transferred to other systems.

click here

text taken from link..

Strawballs 20:46 12 Feb 2007

I have used this method to slipstream a few times for friends and works really well.

FungusBoggieman 20:50 12 Feb 2007

Ok thank you all I am going to have a go at slipstreaming now as the sp2 download has just finnished I will let you know how it goes.

FungusBoggieman 21:43 12 Feb 2007

Ok thank you all
I think I now have a working copy of slipstreamed xp/sp2
cd runs to install screen and I have the other bits on cd to thanks again

squillary 03:03 13 Feb 2007

You can slipstream and copy the discs as much as you like - no problem. But you still only have the one license you started with. People are mixing up the two things. Santos7's post explains it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires