Slipstream disc

catpwss 13:48 01 Nov 2010

I have an windows xp pro fully updated with sp3,And thinking of making a slipstream disc for the above.
Now is this a simple task or is it very comlicated,I have the original windows disc that came with the pc many years ago.
Is it going to be easy for a non techy guy like me to do?.Hel please.
Thanks.

mgmcc 14:03 01 Nov 2010

Have a look at "nLite" which will integrate SP3 with an original Windows XP installation disk. click here

catpwss 18:31 02 Nov 2010

thanks for that,Sorry for delay been busy.That sounds a bit comlicated to me is there a simpler method and a simpler explanation on how to make a slipstream disc.
Main problem is if I want to do a sfc scanow it will ask me for disc but upon putting the old windows disc into drive it still says its not there.Thanks,

john bunyan 18:43 02 Nov 2010

I think it is easier to make an Acronis True Image clone or image on a second or external HD.Worth updating regularly after an anti virus, anti malware scan and a defrag..This way you keep all your updated programmes, not just Windows. I keep all my system files on a seperate partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?