Slide Show using Panasonic TV

tonyq 15:46 17 Jul 2008

I have the Panasonic TX-32LXD 700 television,when I view photos on the tv by means of a SD Card, the photos do not view in the same order as when viewed on my pc. They have been set by the time /date they were taken on the sd card so I would have thought they should view in that order on the tv. Any ideas as to why they are not viewing in the correct order?

recap 16:03 17 Jul 2008

They may be viewing in the order of the file name or size?

FatboySlim71 18:49 17 Jul 2008

I have the EXACT same tv and I think recap is correct with his assumption.

tonyq 19:39 17 Jul 2008

If it is by file name or size,Is there anyway I can alter the viewing order to date/time?

FatboySlim71 20:17 17 Jul 2008

I'll just check on mine and I'll reply back shortly.

FatboySlim71 20:21 17 Jul 2008

I have just checked on mine and there is no way to change the viewing order to date/time.

The pictures on my SD card are named 100-1300- 100-1360 by my camera, and the pictures are displayed from 100-1300 (been the first one) to 100-1360 been the last one.

john bunyan 20:56 17 Jul 2008

I guess you could rename the pix with numbers in the order you want to show them. I have several SD cards and use them to put on and take off pix to print at ASDA etc, so you could have a "Slide show" folder in your "My pictures " folder where you could copy in the pix you want and number them as you wish then reload to a SD card.

hssutton 20:58 17 Jul 2008

Yes you should be able to alter the sequence, but this will probably mean renaming/renumbering the images on the pc

drdj 18:32 01 Mar 2011

I recently bought a Panasonic TV and experienced the same problem. The only way to prepare a slideshow on an SD card and have it show the pictures in the order that you want, is to copy, ONE AT A TIME, each picture in the order you want them to be shown. Apparently, the Panasonic TV will show the pictures in the order that they were physically put onto the SD card. If you update your pictures often, you can also place them into individual folders and then place each picture in the order you want them. Using the "copy / Paste" function by highlighting a group of pictures and then moving them onto the SD card will not guarantee that the order will be correct on the SD card. Renaming the files will not correct this either, nor does it matter when the pictures were taken, but the folders will at least keep them in manageable groups.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?