Slide show program

Bad Dad 00:18 16 Oct 2004

Anyone know of a free(preferably) slide show program? I set up a mini pc running windows 98 but forgot windows slide show thingy didn't appear until XP. It's to give patients something to watch in our surgery rather than count ceiling tiles!

Any help very gratefully received.

gordo337 00:24 16 Oct 2004

Don't know of any, but do you have Power Point? then you could create a show with pics and messages.

Pesala 08:10 16 Oct 2004

click here for the best freeware graphics program. You can create slideshows as executables files or screensavers. Selected from the help file:

Click "Loop" to cause Slideshow to play continuously. The next option is Suppress errors during slideshow. Next is "Show text"; click this to display the file info as it appears on screen. IrfanView can display a variety of file info, like: name, size, date/time, EXIF/IPTC/Comment info etc. Next option is "Loop MP3"; you can use MP3 files (with installed PlugIns) as background music, so you can loop one MP3 file until the next MP3 is loaded or the slideshow ends. The next option is "Don't display same image again" (if random slideshow); no repeats in the random slideshow.

Save as EXE/SCR file button. The resulting file is standalone and can be distributed easily.

jack 08:31 16 Oct 2004

A Google reveals many
I have Irfan, but also a most useful one for digi
cam pix is at click here it retains the
XIF data in pictures that the Win98' cannot do.

Stuartli 08:59 16 Oct 2004

Apart from the superb Irfanview, most similar utilities provide a slideshow facility.

In addition, the August (109) issue of PC Advisor included Photo Editor + and PhotoImpact6 on the cover disk and the latter included a slide show feature with the ability to add sound.

anchor 09:13 16 Oct 2004

Have a look at JAlbum, it will make various albums, including very good slide shows, (free too!).

click here

phil 10:53 16 Oct 2004

You need Microsofts own CD Slide Show Generator.

Will run on all versions of Windows except 3.1

click here and scroll down until you find it. The download is just to the right.

anchor 11:54 16 Oct 2004

Having tried both the JAlbum is, in my opinion, much better and more versatile.

Stuartli 12:57 16 Oct 2004

I find the adjacent Image Resizer very handy at times.

1514 13:50 16 Oct 2004
  Prawn 13:53 16 Oct 2004

go to google and download the free Picasa it will do your job

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?