slide show

steve263000 14:18 24 Jan 2005

I have several thousand photos taken from my digital camera. I want to put a lot on a CD Rom to use as a slide show on my DVD player, and to show family that do not have access to computers. I have a program that will create a slide show on disc, but it only plays in the computer. The slide show starts with a button, and this cannot be accessed through the DVD player. Does anyone know of a good program, ( free hopefully) that will make a good slide show on CD Rom.

johnnyrocker 14:22 24 Jan 2005

you could try click here, most dvd players have a method of play menu or index when loaded up.

johnny.

TomJerry 14:49 24 Jan 2005

so that best way is to produce DVD using jpg files, proshow gold is an excellent program for this click here, it will cost you, but nothing I tried come close to this program

if you have any video eduting program such as "Videostudio", then this is one of standard features

one good alternative is photo2dvd studio click here

both proshow gold and photo2dvd provide free trails

pj123 15:17 24 Jan 2005

A good free slideshow programme is HP Memories Disc Creator. Be aware it is 35mb so if you are on dialup it will take a while to download.

click here

If you don't want to download it email me your address (via the yellow envelope) and I will put it on a CD and post it to you.

TomJerry 15:22 24 Jan 2005

HP Memories Disc Creator is good, but only produce VCD, not DVD.

In my view, VCD is just waste of opportunity at this day of dvd age

wotbus@ 15:28 24 Jan 2005

If you have XP then WinMovieMaker is reasonable - if you have XP SP2 then WinMovieMaker2 [which comes with SP2] is very suitable to begin with and neither cost anything and already take up space on your HDD!

pj123 15:29 24 Jan 2005

TomJerry, yes agree, but if you don't have a DVD burner that's a good free option.

Of course, you could buy a DVD burner and hope it comes with some sort of slideshow programme or buy ProShow Gold but the poster did ask for (free hopefully).

wotbus@ 16:05 24 Jan 2005

Sorry - my post may be duff gen. Looks like WMM recorded discs will only playback on PC, which is what you don't want. Strange thing is; the lounge DVD loads the info and displays the folders etc but any amount of remote control button pushing won't get the thing going. The info I received when I asked my relative how they prepared their photo's to be played manually on the lounge DVD machine, was "I just used my PC" - and it works!. I now think they meant "I just used my PC with an additional program.." . Regret any inconvenience. I have been using Pinnacle Studio 8 for my photo presentations and it's quite good, but it costs.

georgemac 16:26 24 Jan 2005

Ulead pictureshow click here is quite good, again costs but there is a free trial

a review of the previous version click here

click here another review

click here amazon have it for £25

SEASHANTY 16:34 24 Jan 2005

^

TomJerry 17:15 24 Jan 2005

as I pointed above, for the easy of use good set of functions, nothing can compare Proshow Gold at the same price range, you can download a fully working version to try out yourself. click here

If you want industrial standard, go for Canopus Imaginate 2.0 click here

they are not free, but you can ask a friend to do it for you if you only use once, if you are naughty then ha ha

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?