Slide scanner problem

tonyt1151 18:11 08 Mar 2009

Following on from previous post on this subject Hi. I have just bought a slide scanner click here but having problems getting it to work on HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop Vista home premium SP1. I have followed instructions and loaded driver and Arcsoft photoimpressions6 from installation disc. When I open A/soft I can't get scanner to calibrate. All I get is a VERY brief flash of calibration window and then mane window. When I click on aquire picture nothing happens. I have loaded all on my old desktop running XP and although slow all works Ok. I have checked device manager which says scanner is OK All drivers are up to date. I don't know whether problem is with laptop,scanner or Arcsoft
I now have scanner working. However I would like to try using different software but none that I try will recognise that scanner is connected. It shows in device manager under imaging devices but not in cameras and scanners in control panel.

woodchip 18:22 08 Mar 2009

In another Photo Program go to File in menu look for Acquire

tonyt1151 18:30 08 Mar 2009

Tried that but slide scanner not given as option

Woolwell 19:14 08 Mar 2009

Your click here for the scanner doesn't work for me. Which Scanner is it?

I would uninstall and then install making sure that I have the latest Vista drivers from the manufacturer's website.

tonyt1151 19:44 08 Mar 2009

Woolwell
Sorry my fault click here doesn't work. Its an Ion Slides2PC bought from Maplins.click here I have already tried your suggestions. Thats what I had to do to it working in first place

Woolwell 23:09 08 Mar 2009

Sorry but it isn't working if it doesn't show up in the control panel as a scanner. However I think that this is basically a camera taking photos of the slides. Try treating it as a camera. I've never used a scanner like the one that you have.

jack 11:51 09 Mar 2009

click here
Is frequently offer in the Special offers pages of the weekend papers.
It generally perceived to be of poor quality and is known to have driver/software issues with XP/VISTA
The best way out out of this is to send it back as of 'not fit'

Then purchase a regular brand scanner with light in lid capability for much the same price.

heymin 13:06 09 Mar 2009

Hi, a friend has one of these and he had to disable the camera on his laptop as there seems to be a conflict between the devices. He then loaded the scanner again after disabling the webcam. Hope this helps.

tonyt1151 18:22 10 Mar 2009

Thanks for everyone's input. I have now got another software program ( AMCap) which works fine. It gives me more control over exposure settings as well.

witless 17:47 17 Mar 2009

tonyt1151
A friend of mine has the same scanner and is suffering the same problem as you described in your original message. I note that you managed to get it working.

Could you give me a few pointers in how you got it to work?

tonyt1151 18:44 17 Mar 2009

witless
Sorry to be vague but I don't know what I did to get it working !! I just persevered with it. I kept doing it as per the instruction book. I then uninstalled it and then connected it to PC and let it do its own thing. Eventually it just worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017