slave hardirve not regognising

R744Y 12:54 29 May 2007

Hi just installed a bigger secondary hard drive. Set the jumpers to slave and all powered up. It doeas not show up in MY COMPUTER floder. But does show up in device manager. I've tried removing the jumpers and replascing on all other connection and pc does not boot up. put back onto slave settings and it boots up but cannot get drive in my computer.

is was meant to be a 2min job LOL

gizzyx 13:08 29 May 2007

the jumpers on the first HDD? sometimes they are set to "single drive" allowing just the one hdd.

MAJ 13:16 29 May 2007

You did format the drive, didn't you?

R744Y 13:40 29 May 2007

No not been formatted as only just put it in to comp. Can't click on anything to format all I've done is put it in comp reconnected ide leads, set the jumpers and powered up comp.

I did have a small hard drive in there originally as a slave but thought iut was time to put in a bigger one.

MAJ 13:52 29 May 2007

I'm assuming that this is a new drive with nothing on it, R744Y. If that assumption is correct, install the drive as a slave, restart your computer and go to Start > Run and type in:

Diskmgmt.msc

and click OK. You should see your new drive in there and you should be able to format it from there.

jack 14:22 29 May 2007

To format a new drive
go to Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer management/Storage/disk management/ then you should see the new drive simply click on the drive section -right click and you will get create active drive then format.
Go for it.

R744Y 15:01 29 May 2007

Cheers Guys

MAJ done what ya sed its formatting as i type. cheers again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?