Slave hard disk NTFS format

jaimie 20:14 10 Jan 2003
  jaimie 20:14 10 Jan 2003

I intend to fit a slave HDD to my XP comp to edit DV Video onto. My master disk is NTFS file system, is it possible to format the slave as NTFS because Pinnacle has a file size restriction of 4GB per file on FAT32 disks but no restriction on NTFS. Does anyone know if this is possible please? If so how is this done?

Thank you in advance

Jaimie

Rayuk 20:24 10 Jan 2003

Instal it as the slave drive right click on it in My Computer,Format, should then be drop down box where you can stipulate NTFS.

Taran 20:34 10 Jan 2003

If you right click on My Computer and select manage, you can use disk management to do all kinds of tricks to your drives.

If the drive is brand new you will have to fdisk and partition it then format it.

Most drives come with some kind of utility floppy boot disk that will do this in the blink of an eye or if in doubt, visit the manufacturers website for a downloadable utility program to set up and configure the device.

jaimie 07:41 11 Jan 2003

Thank you Rayuk and Taran for your help, you have solved my problem. This forum is just fantastic with such knowledgable people on board.

Thanks again guys

Regards
Jaimie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?