Skype test for sound

Ex plorer 10:59 03 Jun 2007

Skype test for sound, I cant hear myself after the recording and I get a message saying Skype cant hear me.
The Camera works OK but no sound I have checked the volume and its set high and not on mute and I am using windows default setting for sound I have loaded the drivers that came with the camera.
The microphone is installed in the camera.

Ex

Pamy 11:08 03 Jun 2007

Windows default sound may not be the setting, click the scroll arrow and see if your camera/mike is there

Stuartli 11:11 03 Jun 2007

Surprising though it may seem, in both the Playback and Record sections of your Volume control menu, you have to Mute the Microphone box for use with Skype.

Earlier versions of Skype used to have a "Let Skype adjust your sound settings" facility, but it seems to have disappeared in current versions.

Stuartli 11:12 03 Jun 2007

Surprising though it may seem, in both the Playback and Record sections of your Volume control menu, you have to Mute the Microphone box for use with Skype.

Earlier versions of Skype used to have a "Let Skype adjust your sound settings" facility, but it seems to have disappeared in current versions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?