Skype Sound?

Ex plorer 17:17 19 Nov 2007

Hi I have just bought a video camera for my PC I can get an audible sound when pressing the test button, but when i go to the next page it says my sound card is not responding and should up date the drivers the sound card works OK on DVDs etc.

Under Capture, the capture Audio is grayed out and I am unable to set up the audio.
When I call the the skype test center its the same I cant record my voice?

All else seems to work, I must be missing some thing, I loaded the soft ware with out the camera attached as advised.
The camera and sound are in one unit.
Runing Win XP Home
Ex

Ex plorer 17:31 19 Nov 2007

This is my second camera with sound Incorporated I thought my old one was defunk maybee not, but I binned it.

anskyber 17:38 19 Nov 2007

Have you, from the Skype window, chosen tools, options and selected audio settings under general? From there you can select the speakers options.

anskyber 17:41 19 Nov 2007

This may also help. click here

Stuartli 18:37 19 Nov 2007

Contrary to logic, I have the mike Muted in both Playback and Record from the Volume icon's Properties - this was the advice from the Skype configuration help pages...:-)

Whatever, it works.....

Stuartli 18:39 19 Nov 2007

See:

click here

Your sound card needs to be enabled as the Default in the Skype audio settings from Tools>Options.

Ex plorer 00:43 20 Nov 2007

Hi thanks for all advice after all alterations I still cannot here my self my mic is dead and skype cant here me I have set to windows default and tried it on media sound which is my sound card.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Stuartli 09:19 20 Nov 2007

Are the mike sockets Enabled from the Volume icon (double click icon>Options>Properties>Playback and Record sections)?

Ex plorer 16:03 20 Nov 2007

Hi Stuartli do you mean in the the sound Icon in control panel,
I have tried to test my mike in the voice Sound Audio device Properties and I cant be heard there.
So its not skype that's at fault its my PC settings.
This is a home built PC and I have just made sure all wires are connected and correct.

Ex plorer 16:28 20 Nov 2007

OK if I shout on Skype test call I can just here my voice back through my speakers, the volume is at its max on the speakers.

Stuartli 20:07 20 Nov 2007

No, the Volume icon as stated (in the Notification bar, bottom right of your Desktop).

You may have to Enable this from Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel (General tab); also ensure that the sound isn't Muted from the same tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone