Skype or Logitech Problem?

Newbolt 15:02 16 Nov 2009

Hello. I installed Skype v.4.1 a couple of days ago, and bought and installed a Logitech E3500 webcam. The probem is that the built in mike in the camera works when in Logitech test mode, but not when making a Skype call - or in Skype sound test. The default mike is definitely the Logitech and nothing appears to be muted on that or Skype. Video is perfect, incidentally. Have followed the advice on the Skype site without success. Computer is running XP SP3, and the on board sound is AC97. Speakers are switched to that and work perfectly.

Sea Urchin 15:25 16 Nov 2009

A guide to sound setup on Skype - notice as you go through it that you SHOULD have the mic control muted

click here

Newbolt 16:15 16 Nov 2009

Sea Urchin - thanks I had found and tried that sequence but when I get into the quickcam volume and then click properties the next box is'capture', and an option to turn that off.

Newbolt 17:21 16 Nov 2009

Resolved - I think - by unticking the autoset mike setting in the Skype options pages, which was ticked as the default. Set manually all appearsto be well. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?