Skype operating Problems

Fudgie 16:12 07 Sep 2005

Having set up my SkypeSound Set up, as per their instructions - contact can be established, but the person I'm calling can't hear me while I can hear him.

My system is Windows XP Professional with SP2.
My sound card, I know, may require driver upating (ESS AUDIO DEVICE ESS1869, version 5.1.25350 ). Can anyone advise me - Skype help has been less than helpfull !

Thanks, Aremem

Stuartli 16:19 07 Sep 2005

First obvious question is your mike plugged into the sound card?

Secondly, does your voice test work on the Echo sound test?

Your drivers can be found here:

click here

Username is drivers2

Password is all

Stuartli 16:35 07 Sep 2005

Two other points. You may have to Mute (or Enable) Line and/or Mike configuration from the Volume Control panel - my Line-in and Mike are both muted.

Secondly, if you have a headset with a mike boom plus a volume control, make sure that the control has not been turned down too far.

Fudgie 22:32 07 Sep 2005

Stuartli,

Have attempted to log onto your drivers link more than three times, and each time Internet explorer experiences a problem and closes down. Why ???

Stuartli 22:35 07 Sep 2005

Works fine for me...:-)

Here it is again:

click here

Stuartli 22:42 07 Sep 2005

Other sources:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Should keep you busy...:-)

Fudgie 23:41 07 Sep 2005

Thanks , got a wider access to ES1869 in some of your other links, but how can I establish which is the most recent and will it work with Windows XP ?

johnnyrocker 00:16 08 Sep 2005

skype is a very straightforward set up i have xp and no probs ever, suggest uninstall and re install.

johnny.

Rico2005 03:10 08 Sep 2005

Remove skype

Run the audio config in the control panel to detect audio hardware -test sounds and speakers with headphone ideally

Update soundcards drivers only if test fails and re-run audio config and make sure all sounds are enabled as Stuartli suggested in the volume control panel

Reinstall skype conduit

Select the sound option to headphone in your sound card apps and plug headset

Advice I use skype with a USB phone £30 only ypu have to download callme drivers to enable the phone and no pb

Good luck

Fudgie 13:50 08 Sep 2005

Have tried all of the above and tested mike and headphones, (Plantronics - Skype approved) with Ms hardware test. Reloaded Skype and tried echo123 - Result failed showing critical error- problem with recording device.

I have my headphone connects for speaker and mike plugged into the marked connectors, should I try using the additional Line in & line out ?

Subsequent to the above, I went right thro the SkypeSound set up proceedure from their help line, and still the Echo123 test failed. Any other ideas ?

bosmere 14:46 08 Sep 2005

for My Postings.

Fudgie I'm watching with interest as I have the same problem - one day it was working OK, the next the other party couldn't hear me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?