Skype inability to connecvt

thumbscrew 11:06 18 Sep 2010

I've been trying- and failing to talk to my daughter in Dubai, using a webcam through Skype. I've succeeded before but no joy this time. Anyone know if there's a problem?

julius44 11:18 18 Sep 2010

When u ring her what actually happens?? i.e. what message do u get?? Also can she try to ring u from dubai on skpye as well?? So is she having problems ringing u?? I've had friends that have had a few problems ringing people in dubai in the past though

thumbscrew 11:43 18 Sep 2010

Cheers julius,"Message Failed" is what I get.

julius44 12:00 18 Sep 2010

okay, and what happens if she tries to ring u?? Is she getting the exact same error message at her end as well??

thumbscrew 12:15 18 Sep 2010

Well, I couldn't get connected, so I'm unsure if she was attempting to click at her end, or if she received a message. My Webcam however was working. Also, I tried to type a message and still was unsuccessful

Woolwell 12:20 18 Sep 2010

On the contacts tab is there a green icon next to your daughter's details?

thumbscrew 12:27 18 Sep 2010

Greetings Woolwell, no there's a green tick in the "Sound Test" line, but an x in a white box next to hers.

Woolwell 12:32 18 Sep 2010

It's probably grey click here which means that your daughter isn't on-line. Either her computer isn't switched on, her broadband is down or she hasn't started Skype or she logged off.

thumbscrew 12:39 18 Sep 2010

Yes that's the one, cheers Woolwell, I'll text her for details. One thing, I believe she's got a new laptop since we last Skyped, could it mean she's got to reconnect to me?

Woolwell 12:44 18 Sep 2010

Has she downloaded Skype and set up the account on her new laptop?

thumbscrew 12:47 18 Sep 2010

I'm beginning to think maybe not, I'm texting her at the moment, no reply yet. I'll get back when I get the info. Until then, thanks both, for the help so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?