Skype help please.

muddypaws 14:00 22 Feb 2007

Thought I would try Skype.
Fairly straight forward installation until I click on 'save' having selected some options. It then has a page to do with ports. The top box has to have the port to be used for connection. Question is--What goes here? -- and where do I find the info?
Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 14:04 22 Feb 2007

Hi, the port number should be inserted automatically by Skype during the install. I would suggest re-installing it. I use it a lot and think it is Brilliant.

Technotiger 14:08 22 Feb 2007

PS - my own is shown as ...

Use Port 24625, with a tick in box which says Use Port 80 and 4443 as alternatives.

but these were done automatically during install.

Technotiger 14:08 22 Feb 2007

Ooops 443 NOT 4443!

Pamy 14:08 22 Feb 2007

Are you just trying to do a plain download of Skype to your computer to use as a PC to PC/telephone or are you trying to do some fancy connection to some other device/s?

Never Had this page appear when I downloaded prog. Tell us more about your computer.

muddypaws 14:10 22 Feb 2007

Technotiger; I would have thought so to. It does give two alternative ports in the box below.
Any way I will install again.

muddypaws 14:39 22 Feb 2007

The programme installs OK ( apparently) although no-one to ring today!!.
It is when I select 'tools/options and get the page with 'display emoticons'etc and save the chosen options ( without changing the default ones). The next screen just says invalid port. I ' OK' that then get the screen with the empty box for the incoming connection port number and the box below that with the two ports as per Technotiger.
This is the latest Beta version so might be different to yours. Perhaps it has loaded OK. Won't know till I ring some one. I have been able to add contacts etc. Just puzzled.

muddypaws 14:39 22 Feb 2007

Sorry, WIN XP Home SP2.

muddypaws 14:40 22 Feb 2007

Pamy-- No just PC/PC.

Pamy 14:48 22 Feb 2007

muddypaws, Mine is version 2.5.0.151

Pamy 14:51 22 Feb 2007

muddypaws, Ps you should be able to test Skype by doing a free sound test. Check on sound setup/microphone or something like that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?