Skype and E-mails-Problem!

freaky 19:00 09 Feb 2009

Yesterday I installed Skype on my wife's XP PC.

If she right clicks on an item to send by email, instead of getting the choice "email recipient" she gets "Skype". In other words Skype has replaced it. Would appreciate some help.

Technotiger 19:06 09 Feb 2009

Go to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults>Custom>Choose a Default email Program.

freaky 19:38 09 Feb 2009

Hi, it was set at 'my current email program' tried a few variations but Skype still remained as the recipient?

Technotiger 19:56 09 Feb 2009

I use Skype too, never had this problem tho'.

Can you please clarify "If she right clicks on an item ...?

What item for instance and from within what program?

Technotiger 19:59 09 Feb 2009

Or maybe your wife is simply error-clicking on Skype, instead of mail recipient. As they should both be shown in the 'Send to' list.

freaky 20:16 09 Feb 2009

Hi,

Only Skype shows on the list when you right click on a document to send to an mail recipient, there are no other choices. This problem started after installing the latest version of Skype yesterday.

The unfortunate part about it all - she's blaming me!!

Technotiger 20:24 09 Feb 2009

Hmm, when I right-click on a document, Skype and mail recipient, are just two of many more options at my disposal.

If you still have the Skype download/install icon in your My Documents>My Completed Downloads, you could un-install this latest version, and then re-install the earlier version.

I always keep my downloads of anything I download, comes in very useful at times like this.

Or perhaps try a System Restore back to before this latest Install.

freaky 20:38 09 Feb 2009

The cause would appear to be a bug in this latest version of Skype as she had an earlier version and that was OK. Unfortunately she does not have a copy of the earlier version.

I will use add/remove programs and uninstall it, then see what happens!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?