tes 14:36 20 May 2010

When I make a first call the person I am calling says I sound like donald duck. If I hang up & try again my voice is ok.this even applies if I call skype. I have reinstalled skype twice & still no better. Any one any ideas please

Technotiger 15:04 20 May 2010

Try a different Microphone - or if you have more than one Mic socket, try a different socket.

tes 16:59 21 May 2010

technotiger.Tried your suggestion but that as brought up another problem.When I plug a mic in the mic socket it says it is not plugged in.I am using a webcam on skype and apart from the prob in my first posting it works fine.By the way I am using windows7 64bit

Technotiger 17:56 21 May 2010

Hmm, I don't know if it is Win7 related, I am using XP.

If you tried the mic socket on the front of the computer (if it is a Desktop PC) then that socket might not be 'active', quite often front Audio socks are not connected to the motherboard.

Also, sometimes there are two mic sockets (both colored pink) on the Rear of a desktop pc, this is what I was referring to.

If your mic is not built-in to the webcam, you could perhaps get a webcam with built-in mic. I use the Logitec Quickcam Pro9000, just about the best there is, complete with built-in mic.

tes 18:45 21 May 2010

I use A logitec 250 with built in Mic & this works fine & I tried the mic sockets at the front & the back

tes 06:53 31 Aug 2010

Mic problem fixed but still got the same problem with skype

Woolwell 10:31 31 Aug 2010

I think that your problem could be internet connection. With Skype there is a box marked check settings which changes colour depending on the quality of the call. Is it red when you start and green later? Expanding it will indicate where the problem may lie.

Woolwell 10:31 31 Aug 2010

I think that your problem could be internet connection. With Skype there is a box marked check settings which changes colour depending on the quality of the call. Is it red when you start and green later? Expanding it will indicate where the problem may lie.

Woolwell 10:32 31 Aug 2010

Sorry about the double post. Sure that I only clicked once.

Woolwell 10:34 31 Aug 2010

See also click here

tes 16:37 31 Aug 2010

Thanks Woolwell But It's green from the start

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017