Gymy 12:39 28 Dec 2007

Am just in process of setting up Creative Live Cam Video IM Pro webcam and also skype - to enable web calls.
The webcam does not have a built in microphone but comes with a hands free set. I am plugging the micrphone and headset plugs into the appropriate holes in my logitech sound system - but the microphone is not working. When using the skype test call I can hear their message but I cannot hear my own, when recorded.

Has anyone got any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Coupon 12:50 28 Dec 2007

Have you enabled your microphone and turned up the volume in the sound section of control panel?

Gymy 13:17 28 Dec 2007

I have now been into control panel (I have windows vista). There are several choices for recording - the default one was 'What U Hear' Creative SBX-Fi - others include Microphone Creatvie SDX-Fi and Line in Creative SDX-Fi. I have tried changing the default and tried changing the microphone in Skype from windows default to the one chosen from the control panel - still no recording of my voice.

Technotiger 13:24 28 Dec 2007

Check that your mic is not muted - Control Panel>Sounds and Audio devices>Volume tab

Technotiger 13:26 28 Dec 2007

Also under the Volume Tab, click on Advanced to make sure nothing then shown is Muted.

Pamy 13:26 28 Dec 2007

You can ask Skype, via the audio set up where you have been already "more help in setting up skype audio"

Stuartli 14:00 28 Dec 2007

The most likely reason - and one which may surprise you - is that you have to Mute the Mike in both Playback and Recording sections of the Volume icon's menu (from Options>Properties); also ensure that both Mike boxes are ticked so that they appear).

A full run down on setting up Skype sound can be found at:

click here

Select the appropriate section for your OS and mode used.

Technotiger 14:14 28 Dec 2007

As a matter of interest, mine works perfectly with mic NOT muted. But I am aware of the Mute Mic instruction in Skype - I just forgot about it, as mine does work ok anyway.

Gymy 17:11 28 Dec 2007

I think I've sorted it - probably my own fault. I had the audio jacks in one place on the back of my pc and have moved them elsewhere and this seems to have sorted the problem. Oviously either place was ok for the sound but I must have had the microphone jack in somewhere it shouldn't have been.
Thanks everyone any way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone