Enoch 08:28 19 Nov 2006

Is there an instruction manual to help one understand how to set up "Skype". I have downloaded the latest version of Skype, created a unsername and password, but now it seems to be rather complicated for me (being of many senior years). Even the "Help" is not clear for me.

Is there anywhere a manual or instructions that will take me through it step by stem, preferably a "pdf" file that I could download and print. I am on XPhome and use a laptop with integral speakers and microphone

I really want to get this together and impress my children and grandchildren that I have done it myself

Help would really be appreciated

anskyber 09:33 19 Nov 2006

Not really unless you go through these click here and print off. There are many on here with Skype, give it a go and post back if you have problems.

wint 10:05 19 Nov 2006

Have a look at:
click here
Here you will find various topics including "Getting Started", "Install Skype for Windows", "Create a Skype Name" and "Make a Skype Call" plus a dozen or so others.

Once set up, which they try make as easy as possible, Skype is easy to use.

To find your family and friend's Skype names (if you don't know them already) there are a couple of ways of searching. If you know their e-mail address or Skype name, from the Contacts tab (in Skype) click "Add a Contact" and enter the info.

You could try a search for individuals using the contacts tab & "Search for Users" or try searching your Outlook or Windows Address Book. To do this, select Contacts tab then "Import Contacts" and follow the boxes, 3 or 4 clicks and it should find Skype names. I don't know how accurate the results are though...

Good luck.

Enoch 15:09 19 Nov 2006

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone