skybroadband,wirless connection keeps dropping off

doodledoodle24 22:43 10 Nov 2009

Hi all,
I am with sky broadband, have a sagem router, with an xbox 360 connected to it via ethernet.

my pc is in the next room and connects wireless to it via an internal wireless card (if thats what its called)

I have never had any probs with my connections over the last 2 years, until last week. When surfing the net, it is so slow, i can click to open something, make a cup of tea, and the page will still not be loaded, then the connection gets lost and i manually have to re connect to the wireless network.

It says connected at 1mbps and signal strength low.
It does the same thing if the xbox is being played or not.

Can anyone help? I have moved my house phone charging station away from it but that has not helped either.

Kind regards.

Naomi

User-1229748 05:38 11 Nov 2009

have you got filters on all your connections to the phone and other devices if you have any?

User-1229748 05:40 11 Nov 2009

and if so are all your filters working as if it has been working ok for 2 years the filter(s) may need changing.

Tech Guy 13:43 17 Nov 2009

Try logging into router and changing the wireless channel to either 1, 6 or 13 as a neighbours router may be interfering with yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?