SkyBox Router - Airport Express - Synology ds214play NAS: speed problems with the NAS

chunking_express 21:45 19 Nov 2014

I have no idea where the problem is so I will describe my whole set up.. I would be so happy if someone who know these things would be so kind and point me in the right direction:

I have a MacBook Pro which is running the latest version of OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

I am in the UK with SKY as brodband provider. I have their router which is called a SKYBOX connected to an AIRPORT EXPRESS with an ethernet cable. The wifi on the Skybox is set to off, and the wifi comes through the Airport Express. When I look in Airport Utility I can see that the Airport Express is set to something called "Double NAT". I don't know if this is the ultimate set up, but it has worked fine.

But,

Yesterday I bought a SYNOLOGY DS214PLAY and connected it with an ethernet cable to the Skybox. The Synology assistent couldn't find the Ds214play so I went into the router settings (there I could see the "Diskstation" as a connected device). I went into the "Adress reservation"-settings and gave the Diskstation an IP Adress. I then put click here ...into my browser and from there I was able to set up the device.

I have one WD red 4tb hdd in the Ds214play and I set it up in BASIC Mode.

Logged in to DSM (5.1) I installed Videostation etc and then turned on "Mac File Service" in "File Services". I went into Finder - Go - Connect to server and connected to afp://and-the.ip..for.the.diskstation

Then I tried to copy a movie to the mounted Video-folder. It was VERY slow. In DSM I could see that the speed was only 200kb.

I have tried to reinstall DSM several times and tried both SMB and AFP. It don't get any faster than 200kb.

Any idea what the problem can be and what I can do ? Any help is greatly appreciated !

chunking_express 22:24 19 Nov 2014

just to make things totally clear: "DSM" is the operating system of the NAS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone