Sky Wireless Router - Connection Problems

Davey2k6 16:44 22 Oct 2007

Hi there,

I have set up our free sky wireless router in the new shared house i am living in. Currently four of the five housemates are connected to the network with no problems at all. Myself and another are connected via LAN cable, and the other two through their wireless cards.

The problem i have is with the 5th person. They cannot for love or money seem to connect to the network. I have tried everything i can think of, including updating all the drivers, uninstalling and re-installing the wireless software and have tried it with Windows Zero Configurator.

The computer in question can happily see the network, with about a 52% signal strength. However, when it tries to connect it simply times out (using WZC) or fails (using Ralink). The computer is running XP SP2. We have also just replaced the wireless card.

Finally i know there is connectivity in her room as my laptop finds and connects to the network whilst sitting ontop of her PC no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

brundle 19:17 22 Oct 2007

Disable one or other Wireless Config software, switching between two usually causes problems. See this post; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?