Sky TV - Personal Planner

Graham. 13:18 26 Nov 2007

What is the function of the Series Link button? It puts 2 green arrows by the selected program.

anskyber 13:29 26 Nov 2007

It will record the whole series of episodes even if they are over several weeks.

anskyber 13:29 26 Nov 2007

eg all 24 episodes of 24!

Graham. 13:32 26 Nov 2007

That's what I thought. But I expected them to be listed, because they are often on at different times and I need to set the recorder.

anskyber 13:42 26 Nov 2007

I have limited experience of the series recording but I have set Spooks to record in series form. One of the episodes changed in time (because of the clock change) and it recorded fine.

What happens if the timing is all over the place for the same series I do not know, sorry.

The programmes are listed in the personal planner but only after they have recorded which is not a whole lot of good.

anskyber 13:45 26 Nov 2007

I've just checked my sky+ instructions and there is nothing there to help either of us.

anniesboy 14:32 26 Nov 2007

I think you will find when you set Sky+ to record a series,say from 1-8 .Initially the first episode will show on the planner with red r (to be recorded).
When it has recorded the next episode will then show to be recorded (with red r) and so on.
Hence if 1 & 2 have been recorded 3 will show (red r).
Episodes viewed are shown as viewed and will remain in planner until deleted or kept,unless your hard drive is full in which case viewed episodes will be deleted automatically.
I gather some people have changed their hard drives to give greater storage,this would for sure invalidate any warranty.

aitch2 14:32 26 Nov 2007

If series link is selected, then it will follow that series irrespective of any change in timimgs. So you won't lose any programmes or continuity. However, if by some change you inadvertently miss one for whatever reason, (ie.unintentionally delete it by mistake)you can sometimes pick up the broadcast on BBc3-4 or More4.
Aitch

Graham. 14:34 26 Nov 2007

I don't have Sky+, the recorder is a seperate machine.

2neat 18:59 26 Nov 2007

Not much use to you then.
Sky+ is the best thing since sliced bread!
I would upgrade if I was you and chuck the tapes.
They will be switching to dig anyway in the near future!

laurie53 19:39 26 Nov 2007

"Sky+ is the best thing since sliced bread!"

You're right about that. Can't remember the last time I watched an off air programme!

I even record the news. Do you have any idea how satisfying it is to fast forward through all the politicians, or the party conference news?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?