sky+ tv box

YAMA 13:25 27 Nov 2008

hi all, is there any one who has any tips on fixing sky=box, faulty, it just go's into standby sort of thing, (will not work) I have tried disconection Nd reconection of cables to the dish and the box, we have had engineers out and it cost alot to call them out, thanks yama

tullie 13:27 27 Nov 2008

If you had the sky engineers out,what was the result?

YAMA 13:40 27 Nov 2008

Tullie, it was in april last. fix the same problem i have now, and as they only garantee 3mths of course it is out of garantee, and so i will have to pay to get ti put right, this was the second time we have paid for call out,same problem twice,could not get it going the second time engineere exchanged one from his van,
??? so that is why Iam asking. firs time it was fixed, and the second echanged, thanks yama

mike40 14:09 27 Nov 2008

Hi YAMA

I would give Sky and ring and tell them that as you have had a lot of trouble with the sky box and you can no longer use it you will be canceling you subscription with sky. There are other companies offering similar services and I am sure sky will not want to loose a customer

Mike

tullie 14:10 27 Nov 2008

Dont know of any fix,a new box would be cheaper than getting it repaired all the time i suppose,maybe if you did a search you would find a cheaper box?

YAMA 14:40 27 Nov 2008

thank you all, but seems like it it is back to the drawing board,, yama

Cymro. 15:22 27 Nov 2008

If your box is a Sky+ (+ as in plus)I have found ours to be a lot more temprimental than the old standerd Sky box we used to have. I have had to do a reboot and cable check on ours but it is not as easy as it used to be on the previous box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?