Sky + Outlook 2000

dmary 15:21 29 Aug 2007

I have recently subscribed to Sky Broadband, and since have been unable to send / receive emails in Outlook despite carefully following instructions downloaded from the internet. Is there any helpline that would be able to talk me through where I am going wrong?

jja244 16:46 29 Aug 2007

Exactly the same problem with a friends computer.
Can you log in at click here - My Sky with the username & password they sent to you?

dmary 08:51 30 Aug 2007

I can log in at My Sky. I just can't send and receive messages through Outlook - which is what I am trying to do.

jja244 14:54 30 Aug 2007

Try this.
Check the following in Outlook.
Go to Tools – Options – Mail Delivery – click on ‘Reconfigure Mail Support’ – should be a dot in ‘Internet Only’. If there is click ‘Cancel’. Click on ‘OK’ According to the instructions that came with the Sky router etc the settings are as follows. Outlook 2000 & OE are much the same.
I’m assuming you’ve already set up an account.
Go to Tools – Accounts. Your Sky email account should be listed.
Highlight it and click on Properties. Under the ‘General’ tab you should see
the Mail Account name, your name and your email address. There should be a tick in
‘Include this account……..’.
Under the ‘Servers’ tab you should see
‘My Incoming Mail Server’ - POP3.
Incoming Mail Server – pop.sky.com
Outgoing mail Server – smtp.sky.com
Account name – everything before the ‘@’ in your Sky email address.
Password – your Sky password (case sensitive). There should be a tick in
‘Remember Password’.
For the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ Sky want a tick in ‘My server requires authentication’.
Under the ‘Connection’ tab there should be a dot in whichever applies.
Click on 'OK'
In my friends case his mail account failed on ‘username/password’.
Sky tech support was totally useless and I’ll need to wait on new details so before trying to set it up for him.

matrob 14:52 05 Oct 2007

I too, have a similar problem as the others where I can send mail from outlook 2000 and 2003 from 2 different computers but any incoming mail reaches sky's web mail inbox but not the outlook inboxes. Have a feeling this is a fault with sky but they are unable/unwilling to help. Can anybody else help? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?