Sky Email won't send/receive to Outlook 2003- HELP

Mart 12:14 17 Jul 2008

I can't get Outlook 2003 (SP3) to work with Sky email on POP.

Have read through all of the posts and links and tried the following.

- diff pop3/smtp settings
- diff ssl ports or none at all
- unlock catchpa link
- change sky password

I can log into Sky email online and have checked that POP forwarding is set etc.

Am still getting the following error.

Task 'Xxxxxxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.'

Anyone got any help, head hurts now

MAT ALAN 12:20 17 Jul 2008

click here

this may help...

Mart 13:31 17 Jul 2008

Thanks for this Mat. I had tried all the usual Sky advice with no success. But finally got send/receive working when I switched the settings to pop.gmail.com
and smtp.gmail.com

Just one anomaly though...it only works using the original sky password I got (which I had subsequently changed on My Sky). I tried logging in onlne to gmail using my Sky username, email and BOTH passwords but it doesn't seem to recognise me. Is there a way to change both Sky and Gmail to a password of my choice?

Thanks again for your help

Mart

MAT ALAN 14:56 17 Jul 2008

should be able to do it by logging in going to accounts and edit info...

Mart 09:50 13 Jun 2009

Had to upgrade to Outlook 2003 to finally resolve the matter! Have dumped Sky Broadband because of their rubbish customer service and switched my ISP to Utility Warehouse - 24Mb Broadband + Home Phone (free calls 24/7) and all for only £24.99pm - everything now working a treat! Thanks for all your suggestions though.

^wave^ 10:59 13 Jun 2009

i use sky email with outlook 2000 set up ok with imap i just followed there online set procedure never had a problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?