Sky Broadband/phone package information.

23790954 14:17 08 Mar 2009

I have been subscribing to BT broadband, for 2 years in August. Whe I attempted to get my MAC code from them a couple of months ago, they stated that I was still in contract until April this year, which I hotly desputed, but I am waiting for another 4 weeks before changing suppliers, then changing suppliers, and taking whatever action is necessary, should they try to extend the time of contract.
The MAIN reason for changing suppliers, is that on 3 seperate occasions, in the last month, I have at different times of the day, checked my broadband speed, via 2 systems, and found that my download, and upload speed, are very much the same speed, at around 650kbts., on all occasions.
I find this shocking, considering my broadband/telephone package with them costs £39.00
a month.
I would like to go to Sky, as I have been a Sky customer for several years, but when I approached Sky a month or so ago, they stated that as I was NOT in their broadband area, I could NOT get most of their special offers. I live in North Yorkshire. Does anyone who posts on this forum, subscribe to the Sky broadband/telephone package, and also lives OUTSIDE this special Sky service area, and if so, can you enlighten me on roughly how much per month does it cost for the Sky Broadband/telephone package.
Thanks for all advice given on this matter.

MAT ALAN 15:16 08 Mar 2009

click here

you should be able to get Sky broadband connect intill such time the area you live in is covered by their normal B/B service...

tullie 15:24 08 Mar 2009

I live in Nth Yorkshire and have had BB for a considerable time,you must be really out in the sticks?

23790954 17:09 08 Mar 2009

MAT ALAN,
Many thanks for the information, and web-pages, that helps a lot. Will view the web-pages and forum with interest.
tullie,
I actually live in the main town of North Yorkshire, and I was informed by SKY that this location did NOT come within their area for their special offers, although I do subscribe to Sky TV.

MAT ALAN,
Many thanks for the information, and web-pages, that helps a lot. Will view the web-pages and forum with interest.
tullie,
I actually live in the main town of North Yorkshire, and I was informed by SKY that this location did NOT come within their area for their special offers, although I do subscribe to Sky TV.

MAT ALAN,
tullie,

23790954 17:10 08 Mar 2009

MAT ALAN,
tullie,

anniesboy 17:18 08 Mar 2009

I am in the same situation,I subscribe to Sky TV,but as for broadband,I use Brightview.
Sky can offer Broadband Connect at about£18 but not any of their three other deals (Base/Mid/Max)
As MAT ALAN says its a question of waiting.

MAT ALAN 18:22 08 Mar 2009

have you actually used their option checker to see what results they show...

click here

PS i live in Selby we could be neighbours...

23790954 20:34 08 Mar 2009

MAT ALAN,
Many thanks for your input to my problem. I actually live in Northallerton. I will check the option checker you have put on the last meesage. As you can see, my previous reply to you is on this page 3 or 4 times, that was because the meesage was NOT recognised and transferred at the first time of asking. I am finding this BT Broadband a PROPER pain in the butt, and there is NO doubt I am terminating my contact with BT in April. I have just downloaded a file I needed, without using a download manager, and would you believe it, the download NEVER ONCE exceeded 7kb's per second. I might as well have been using dial up.
It really is a joke, this BT Broadband.
Anyway, been nice talking to you MAT ALAN,
Regards.

MAT ALAN 20:41 08 Mar 2009

AHHH!!! bit to far to pop in then, don't worry about the multiple post thing and i'm glad to help...

tip that may help but don't tell BT it is PC related
phone them up and ask for the GAIN to be turned up on your phone line (service is free)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?