Sky / Broadband - Still having problems.

MeV1 16:19 28 Nov 2004

click here for the original topic.

I clicked resolved by accident but I am still having the problem with it.

I cant remove the phone line as its in the terms of service and I have microfilters on all of the lines.

Any more ideas?

Rioja 16:32 28 Nov 2004

MeV1,

this sounds like the sky box is plugged into a duff microfilter. Have you tried swapping for a known good filter, e.g. the one you phone is currently using?

Regards,

Rioja

MeV1 16:35 28 Nov 2004

Yeah Ive tried both microfilters the other way around and the sky box goes into a double adapter with the phone and then into the microfilter at both boxes. Ive checked the microfilters and they are fine and the phone works ok without disconnecting the internet but when I put the phone back on the receiver the connection drops after a few seconds. If I leave the receiver off I can be on the internet for hours without a problem.

Graham ® 17:20 28 Nov 2004

Can you unplug one of the Sky boxes at a time to see which one is causing the problem?

The BB 17:47 28 Nov 2004

I found the kids unplugged my sky box from the wall ... must have been months ago but no problems with Sky ;-)

The Spires 17:55 28 Nov 2004

All microfilters are not equal click here Worth every penny in my opinion esp if you are some way from the exchange as I am. click here

MeV1 19:52 28 Nov 2004

Both microfilters are the same and they are the ones I got from BT when I first got broadband years ago.

I havent had any trouble up to installing sky. When I got broadband, I had already unplugged the skybox since we had had it more than a year but since the upgrade its been a pain.

MeV1 19:08 29 Nov 2004

<bump>

Graham ® 19:35 29 Nov 2004

Can you unplug one of the Sky boxes at a time to see which one is causing the problem?

Meshuga 20:02 29 Nov 2004

In view of the fact that you will not accept any of the suggestions made here I doubt if you will get any more, however, one last suggestion. Unplug your phone line and if you ever get a bill for the full fee,which is doubtful, pay it and then you can do what you like with your connection.

Graham ® 09:53 30 Nov 2004

My sentiments exactly! MeV1 came on here asking for advice, but doesn't take any notice of what we are asking him to do to narrow the problem down.

I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong, if I was there I could sort it in minutes. As it is, he will have to live with it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?