sky broadband router

picklsey 15:15 20 Aug 2009

Hi question on the above my sky router went belly up on tuesday so i phoned sky they done a few checks and agreed with my finding.Now fair dues to sky they said they would send out a new one within 5 days and it arrived this morning.
When i phoned sky i said i had a perfectly good netgear router if they could give me whatever settings were needed i could use that router,but they said it had to be a sky router.

So what i,m really asking is does anyone know how to set up a netgear router to work with sky b/b i will make a note of it and use it if it happens again.

sorry a bit long winded but any help on this would be great thanks.

Sea Urchin 18:26 20 Aug 2009

Similar problem - LastChip's link towards the bottom might be a solution for you.

click here

baldydave 18:37 20 Aug 2009

Sky make you use their router as it comes all set up for customers so they have just plug it in and it works, no messing with settings.
Under sky terms and conditions you must use their routers and will not release the username and password.
For ref see here,I have never used this and as such i cannot recommend it
click here

tullie 18:46 20 Aug 2009

If Sky send you one,why mess about?

picklsey 05:20 21 Aug 2009

thanks for your replies i will have a good look at the links you,se gave me next week thanks again.

tullie

its got nothing to do with messing about its about using another router as a stop gap whilst waiting for the router being sent.

will tick as resolved if i decide to try some of the advice offered and it works i will post and let use know thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?