sky broadband installation

Desperate-Dan 18:30 03 Sep 2008

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend setup his broadband connection, I don't know if I installed sky broadband correctly, I connected everything up correctly, I put the sky install cd into cd-rom drive, sky install cd started ok, but the scoll bars on the bottom of the window never changed, it stayed on the same bar, I think there is 4 scroll bars, I assume its supposed to scoll along one bar then onto the next one and so on at the end it says finish,
but as I say it just stayed on the first bar, so I got back to the desktop and activated the norton 90 free trial, norton wanted to update and went online and updated so I was online and I didn't know it, but thats it I can't get online now, so did install it ok?

cheap 21:06 03 Sep 2008

Try here click here

FatboySlim71 08:39 04 Sep 2008

All you should really need to do is open the web browser IE7 for example and type the following in click here

This basically then allows you to enter your router and see/adjust the various features/settings.

Not sure what the make of the router will be but on my Netgear the part where you enter the username and password are under the SETUP wording (WHICH IS ON THE LEFT HANDSIDE OF THE PAGE) if I click on BASIC SETTINGS I then am presented with a screen that allows me to enter my username and password. I enter these and I can then go online without altering any other settings.

Desperate-Dan 08:49 04 Sep 2008

Thanks for that I'll give it a go, and post back later, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017