Sky broadband

baldyx 21:31 14 Jan 2007

I normaly start the Sky broadband connection manually after the Norton Internet Security kicks in, However today when I booted up the pc ,the Sky Broadband connection started automatically before the Norton Internet Security kicked in !

is there a way to prevent this occuring in future?

Thanks.

brundle 21:37 14 Jan 2007

Check your startup programs, see if anything is creating an internet connection on boot up.
Startup inspector/monitor click here

baldyx 17:11 15 Jan 2007

I have Unchecked from the Startup the following & on rebooting the broadband did not startup :

'c:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe '.

Hope this was the correct action I have taken!

P.S. The program suggested by you requires access to my computer by the other party so I am reluctant to use it. But thanks anyway.

Dipso 20:44 15 Jan 2007

This is some info about IntelMEM.exe click here

What hardware do you use to make the connection? Is it not the Netgear router? If it is a router the connection is always on unless you disconnect it via the router prior to shutdown.

baldyx 19:30 18 Jan 2007

I use Netgear Router with Ethernet connection to the pc.

The router & my pc are both connected to the same electricity multi-plug socket. So when I switch the electrical power on, the router is switched-on
but my pc is not booted-up. So there is no logical broadband connection to the pc.

After I boot-up the pc successfully & Internet
security is enabled, only then I enable the brodabnd connection manually.
When I have finished with the broadband, I disable the broadband connection & shutdown the pc or leave it on for non-internet work.

baldyx 18:30 19 Jan 2007

On my pc ,the NIS is loaded after I login because I can't see the 'Globe' Symbol on the status line
when the list of users on my pc is displayed.

Can the loading priority be changed in the startup procedure ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?