Sky BB - Router on Laptop/Xbox won't connect?

JacksRevenge 10:51 25 Oct 2007

Got a problem with Sky broadband. Everything was working fine until tues night when I lost connection whilst on Xbox Live and it would not reconnect. Thought nothing of it but tried to connect Laptop and Xbox yesterday and both would not work. Xbox does not find IP address and Laptop does not find connection, wireless or wired. Usually on the wireless connection the SKY signal is picked up but that is no longer in the list. The modem/routers internet light is a solid green and it recognises when equipement is plugged in but nothing is happening.

Has the router broke?

I have spoken to Sky if you can call it that and went through a whole list of checks but nothing worked and can not get onto the routers set up page (192. etc)

JacksRevenge 10:58 25 Oct 2007

The router is the standard SKY netgear and I had not made any chnages to my Laptop or Xbox for it to affect the connection.

dms05 11:10 25 Oct 2007

The fact that it stopped working suddenly and won't restart does suggest an equipment failure especially as the laptop won't connect using LAN cable as well as WiFi. One often suggested first step is to turn the router off and leave it off for a longish period (ie 30 minutes) then try again. If that doesn't work try the Reset button (just below the power in plug) by pressing it with a blunt point for several seconds (up to 30).

JacksRevenge 11:13 25 Oct 2007

I've certainly tried the power off, I'll retry the reset option as not sure how long I did it for last time.

I guess I'll have to go through Sky's checklist for a third time before they'll send a new one.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone