Size Matters

Monoux 13:10 24 Nov 2007

I have 3 user accounts on the PC running XP SP 2

Whenever my wife or daughter log onto their account when I switch back to mine any word document I open resizes to 500% and will not hold any reduced size using the Ctrl key and mouse wheel or by using the menus to reset the size

It has a converse effect on Internet explorer by making the text in all pages so small it is almost impossible to read. Again resizing does not hold and it reverts to the small size

I’ve had AVG anti virus on the PC for years and update regularly (every day) and window firewall is always on . I’ve run Spybot and A squared which found nothing

The only way I have found to cure it is to switch right off and fire up from scratch where all is OK until either of them log in. They don’t even have to open any programs just sign in and it will have the effects above.

I could delete them I suppose and set up fresh accounts but I’m reluctant to do this as it will take ages to get them set up the way they like.

Anyone had a similar problem and know how to resolve it ?

I’ll be out for the next few hours but will come back to this thread this evening

TIA

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:12 24 Nov 2007

OPTION 1 - Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

ambra4 15:13 24 Nov 2007

Try doing a repair of office

Run office cd and a window will appear to repair or modify office

Select repair and office will repair any bad files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?