SIW. Trojan Update.

birdface 08:27 08 Aug 2009

Hi.I was just browsing through SIW checking my system and got to update.As I had not updated for a while i gave it a try.New update was available so carried on and downloaded it when AVG resident shield jumped in with a Trojan warning.

So pressed delete got a warning if i deleted computer might freeze which it did temporarily then the notice came back and I pressed heal.
Closed SIW and checked the resident shield log and it came up with.

Trojan Horse generic 13.BLFQ Now not sure if this may be a false positive or not but better take care if updating SIW.

Technotiger 08:46 08 Aug 2009

Hi,
I just tried the update out of curiosity - I too got the Trojan Alert, I cured it without any problem, then securely deleted it.

Technotiger 08:49 08 Aug 2009

Lots about it on Google ...

Andsome 08:54 08 Aug 2009

I just updated with NO problem at all. Maybe I have better security on my computer.

Technotiger 09:02 08 Aug 2009

Or maybe not! Perhaps your security missed it???

birdface 09:03 08 Aug 2009

Or worse whatever way you take it.
At the moment using AVG Security Suite.

birdface 09:08 08 Aug 2009

Tried googling for the trojan and got very little.So tried SIW trojan and got lots of response like Technotiger said.

click here=

birdface 09:19 08 Aug 2009

Must just have been the update.Removed SIW from my computer then downloaded the latest version to my documents.Scanned with with AVG and Malwarebytes and nothing found so have now downloaded it on to my computer again.

Technotiger 09:50 08 Aug 2009

.... Ditto here .....

Cheers, TT

jack 09:53 08 Aug 2009

Purchased version
Seem to keep me safe - so far

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?