Sites made entirely with Frontpage alone

Revi 15:27 10 Dec 2004

As I am a total beginner and am just learning to use Frontpage 2003 I would very much like to see some sites which have been entirely made in Frontpage alone. Any suggestions please?

Forum Editor 20:00 10 Dec 2004

at this:-

click here

There are lots of others - just type : FrontPage samples into Google.

Revi 08:45 11 Dec 2004

Thanks a lot. A local web hosting company scared the wits out of me when it told me that FP should be avoided. The examples of sites made in FP I have just checked through your reference are absolutely top class!

Forum Editor 10:15 11 Dec 2004

that FrontPage is a less than capable application, or that it is in some way tricky to handle - non of which is true.

Earlier versions of the software were probably responsible for FP's tarnished image, in that they were noted for producing bloated and untidy html code. Happily that's no longer the case, and the latest version has a handy code optimiser which you can use to strip out unnecessary code prior to upload to the server.

FP 2003 is a very powerful program indeed, and once you become familiar with its many features you'll probably never need another web design/development package - it leaves others standing when it comes to data-driven sites. One thing to remember is that FP does rely on server-side extensions to make some of its special features work. That's not a problem these days, as any good web host will set you up with a package that includes the FP extensions.

I've used FP for years, and can confirm that the latest version is by far the best, it compares very favourably with other well-known design applications (like Dreamweaver) and I doubt that you'll be disappointed in any way. If you encounter any difficulties with FP don't hesitate to come here and ask for help - there are several of us who work extensively with FP (and other applications), and we'll try to come up with the answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone