this sites annoying popups

sinbad1 19:51 09 Jun 2005

just recently i am getting popup after popup
NOVATRIC
its really beginning to bug me know each time i come on this site i am getting 10-20 popoups

Is anyone else getting these popups if so how did you stop them.

have blocked the site ;but still appearing?

VoG II 19:53 09 Jun 2005
  sinbad1 20:22 09 Jun 2005

I have read the pro's and cons in then threads in your link.
I personally find it rather annoying whilst the odd popup is ok i guess, this one takes the biscuit, each time i click on a link, another NOVATRIS popup.

If i ignore it i end up with loads of minimised novotris in the task bar.

sinbad1 20:35 09 Jun 2005

I use msn explorer dont really get many popup problems.

allready have a popup blocker, doesn't seem to work with this one,

perhaps someone may have a way to stop these?

gudgulf 20:40 09 Jun 2005

The Google toolbar can stop them in IE(IE's own popup blocker too).If you use Firefox try Tools>Options>Web Features and untick Enable JavaScript.

VoG II 20:43 09 Jun 2005

Add the following line to your Hosts file

127.0.0.1 survey.novatris.com

click here

dogbreath1 20:44 09 Jun 2005

There's a few threads like this one at the moment and I've just glanced through some of the comments. It really is simple. Firefox with the Adblock Extension...what pop-ups, what ads, what sponsered links? I've not seen any in many months.

Stuartli 20:50 09 Jun 2005

I've never seen the pop-up in question and all that's enabled in Firefox is to Block Pop-Ups...:-)

gudgulf 20:51 09 Jun 2005

I have Firefox's adblock and an enhanced version of the popup stopper.Neither of which worked for this popup.....disabling JavaScript does.Adblock removed the actual survey but the popup window (blank now) still appeared.

p;3 21:03 09 Jun 2005

so far I have managed to stop it via my Guard IE settings:)) ( I actually thought I had got a virus or sumunt on here)

dogbreath1 21:10 09 Jun 2005

Hi gudgulf. Thanks for the feedback. Of-course Adblock will only work if the particular site is blocked. I also use a well stocked hosts file. But beyond that I think that it's just FF/AdB. In any case, I never see ads, popups and sponsored links. In fact, I can't remember the last time that I saw anything of that sort. And I've got Java enabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?