Sitecom WL-600, problem setting up for internet.

AttieVN 14:11 26 Jan 2010

I have a Sitecom WL-600 Wireless Router that I am trying to set up for internet access so my home network can browse. Does anyone know the Sitecom router range or have any information or experiance with them. I have recieved my account information from my ISP but am unable to set it up to access the internet. The wizard that you should use does not allow for much user interface, only Username, Password and Service. Thank You.

mgmcc 19:18 26 Jan 2010

You can access a router's configuration pages to set it up manually by typing its IP address into your web browser. If the router has a Username & Password set, you'll be prompted to enter these to gain access to the settings.

AttieVN 15:08 28 Jan 2010

I have accessed the router's configuration via that mehod but I honoustly don not think it works as an DSL router, it's only a WIFI router or hub. Will let you know.
Thanx.

mgmcc 20:09 28 Jan 2010

The "Sitecom WL-600" appears to be a "Cable/DSL Router", i.e. a stand-alone router suitable for use with *CABLE* broadband, where its RJ45 WAN port would connect by ethernet to the supplied Cable Modem.

If you have ADSL broadband via the phone line, you should use a *combined* Router & ADSL Modem instead.

AttieVN 07:31 02 Feb 2010

It's fine thank you, I have swapped it with a Billion. Everything is working fine no.

Thank You.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?