SiteCom Modem/Rout-N/W help urgently needed pls

AngeTheHippy 08:52 29 Nov 2007

Just CAN'T leave thing as they are, can I...

Morning Chaps,

The Wireless n/w I set up last weekend - got it running fine, but then realised when looking at window 'Wireless Lan Adapter Utility', the only networks available was the Sitecom with no encryption. Surely, it should show my IP? I can't understand what's going wrong. I configure it for WPA/PSK N/W authentication type, data encrypt: TKIP. Enter in interface/setup/wireless, Multiple SSIDs Settings/ which is defaulted to Sitecom - I change it to my home network name and it drops the line! I'm mightily confused now.. don't know what to do. The Laptop is also online as I type this, so they are 'talking' to each other. The modem/router model is this one: click here one.
I originally bought a Dongle for the laptop, but it was driving me nuts so exchanged for a card adapter type instead.

AngeTheHippy
xx

Technotiger 09:47 29 Nov 2007

Hi Angie, have you tried the first 'line-of-defence' ..... System Restore back to just before you made the changes?

AngeTheHippy 09:56 29 Nov 2007

no point doing a restore. What I did do was reset the Modem/Router each time I got a blank and started from scratch. I will say that Sitecoms instructions are bl***y cr*p. They DON'T explain to absolute beginners using wireless word for word how to set it up, their support phone number is a £ 1 per minute jobby - well they can.... well, they know what they can do with that!

Ange
xx

AngeTheHippy 12:08 29 Nov 2007

Crikey, this is soooo confusing! STILL only getting Sitecom(connected)as the network. If i go in and change it's setting from authentication 'OPEN' to WPA/PSK and encryption from NONE to WEP, the lines dropped. I just cannot see how to add the new network . Just done ShieldsUp scan of open ports - the first 1023 of 1055 are in BLUE (closed) state, the remaining ports 1024 to 1055 in GREEN (stealth)state. Does this info she that my conection is secure? I've no idea...

AngeTheHippy
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?