site redirection after deleting trojan

suzie005 14:33 19 Dec 2006

first time i've had this particular problem.

i had downloader ruin on the system that AVG found.thought i'd got rid but for some reason it kept coming back.i'd run adaware/spybot as well and last nite for almost 3 hrs i ran Spysweeper.now i'm finding that my google searches dont take me to the actual site but to another search engine.only way of going direct to the site is to copy/paste into address bar.i've no idea what's going on or how to fix the problem cos i am apparently clear of infection.

Jackcoms 14:45 19 Dec 2006

Try this click here

Gongoozler 14:46 19 Dec 2006

Try renaming your HOSTS file, it's in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC. Rename it as OLDHOSTS. Reboot your computer and see if the problem is cleared. If it is, then look in the file to see if you can find the offending line and deleting it. If renaming the HOSTS file doesn't help, you can easily change it back.

suzie005 15:59 19 Dec 2006

firstly ta for the replies.havent d/l owt yet cos AVG is still running ( should've finished by now )and it has a reading error in dmzgo.exe ( in system folder).googling finds nowt so i havent a clue what that is.

suzie005 16:15 19 Dec 2006

d/l CWshredder.havent got a hosts file on the system

suzie005 16:19 19 Dec 2006

tried to d/l and it says US/canada only.went ahead with it and got a runtime error so cant do owt.

suzie005 16:21 19 Dec 2006

dont ask me what i did but it scanned.nowt was found on the system.

beynac 16:35 19 Dec 2006

It sounds as if something is still there. Download HijackThis from: click here

Double-click to install (follow the prompts). Open the program and click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button.

Post the log on Malware Removal forum: click here

suzie005 16:45 19 Dec 2006

was abt to say i have HJ and had it ages but didn't know where to post the results.cheers

suzie005 16:46 19 Dec 2006

and btw.i've kinds got round the redirection problem for now-shoved in a proxy

suzie005 17:10 21 Dec 2006

still no postings on the forum to help me and the proxy isnt helping me now either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?